Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Won’t force Manchester United Players to Resume from COVID-19 Break

Spread the love

The manager of Manchester United
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has stressed that he won’t force players to start playing even when the Premier League gets the go-ahead to resume the 2019-2020 season. The manager said this days after Manchester United asked players who are outside Manchester to return in anticipation of the resumption of group training.

Some of the Manchester United players travelled outside the city immediately football was hated in England on March 13. The players travelled after they got permission from Ole. They have been training in their different bases since then.

The club’s January signee Bruno Fernandes was among the players that were permitted to travel. However, he has since returned to Manchester to continue training at home until the clubs are permitted to commence group training.

The Premier League has been so determined to complete the 2019-2020 season despite different concerned raised by some club doctors and some star players of the league. The league is looking at the possibility of commencing training later this year and resuming the season in June.

However, Chelsea star Antonio Rudiger and Manchester City top striker Sergio Aguero are among the prominent names in the Premier League who feel the leagues should not resume until the coronavirus pandemic is completely dealt with.

In this light, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told Sky Sports that when the season finally resumes, he won’t force players who are not mentally ready to play. He, however, noted that no player in his fold has complained against restarting the season.

“You need to get to know everyone and if a player is mentally ready to play”, he said. “I don’t think we could force anyone. They’ve not raised too many concerns and we trust the experts who know if and when it’s safe to start again.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Says Yes to Pogba and Fernandes Combo

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Says Yes to Pogba and Fernandes Combo

Meanwhile, Ole has said yes to the possibility of playing Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba in the midfield of Manchester United. Pogba was already out with an injury when Fernandes joined the club in January.

Manchester United’s fans and pundits have been looking forward to a United midfield with Fernandes who has been so excellent since he arrived at the club and Paul Pogba.

“Good players can always play together, so definitely, they (Fernandes and Paul Pogba) can – it’s a big yes”, Ole said. “I think it’s exciting… we do have an exciting squad. I’ve got Scott (McTominay), Fred, Nemanja (Matic). There are many games coming up and I’m sure we can find a good connection between them.”

Add your comment

Your email address will not be published.