Mason Greenwood Told to Stay Away From Manchester United After Rape Charges Were Dropped

    0
    24

    Beleaguered Manchester United youngster Mason Greenwood has been reportedly asked to stay away from Manchester United after rape charges against him were dropped.

    Mason Greenwood

    After a dragging legal tussle between the promising England youngster and his alleged victim, the Crown Prosecuting Council, CPS, decided to drop all charges against Mason Greenwood.

    Mason Greenwoood nearly had his sparkling and glittering football career with Manchester United fizzle out into the gloom following charges of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour and assault all against the same woman.

    While Manchester United fans were on hand to welcome the club’s poster boy back to the pitch, it appears the Red Devils are unmoved by the decision of the Crown Prosecuting Council to drop charges against Greenwood.

    According to the Sun, Manchester United wants to make its own enquiry and investigation into allegations previously levelled against the player.

    The report also confirm the club have began investigations, but are yet to decide on how long it will last.

    They would have wanted to start the investigative process earlier but did not want to interfere with the ongoing criminal proceedings.

    Mason Greenwood

    Despite having the charges dropped by the Crown Prosecuting Council, Mason Greenwood will not be able to return to Carrington or be involved with the squad in any capacity.

    Futballnews understands that his name is on Manchester United’s first-team squad list on the official website. This implies he would likely return to football action. However, his return to the club to resume his career will now be delayed until the club come out with their own conclusions from the investigation.

    Meanwhile, after the CPS dropped all charges against Mason Greenwood, the 21-year-old broke his silence, thanking his family and supporters for still standing by him, while expressing his happiness that the matter has finally been laid to rest.

    “I am relieved that this matter is now over and I would like to thank my family, loved ones and friends for their support.

    “There will be no further comment at this time.”

    Mason Greenwood last made his court appearance in November last year and he was set to reappear in court in November this year.

    The incident which led to his arrest took place between November 1, 2018 and October 15, 2022.

    Mason Greenwood

    He was accused of “repeatedly engaging” in controlling and coercive behaviour for almost four years – including making threats and derogatory comments on social media.

    Mason Greenwood was further slammed with attempted rape which is said to have taken place on October 21, 2021, and assault on December 12 and 13, 2021.

    After his arrest and charge, he was remanded in custody, but was later released with a condition not to make contact with the alleged victim.

    Following police investigations into the allegations against him, Manchester United suspended him from the squad, but were still footing his £75,000-a-week wage bill.

    The crisis nearly tore his burgeoning football career apart. First, some of his teammates unfollowed him on social media.

    Mason Greenwood

    He was removed from FIFA 22 and dropped by sponsors Nike, with Football Manager 2022 confirming he would not feature in the game.

    While the Red Devils still listed him on the club’s list of first-team players, all merchandise bearing the No11’s name was axed from the club’s official site.

    Mason Greenwood made his last appearance for the Red Devils in a narrow 1-0 win over West Ham on January 22.

    Before his arrest, Greenwood made 129 appearances for Manchester United, scoring 35 goals.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here