Mason Greenwood: Manchester United’s Player Released on Bail Amid Sexual Assault Reports

Spread the love

Mason Greenwood, Manchester United footballer who was detained on suspicion of raping a woman, has been released on bail following his detention.

Mason Greenwood: Manchester United's Player Released on Bail Amid Sexual Assault Reports
Mason Greenwood Released on Bail Amid Sexual Assault Reports

On Sunday, the 20-year-old was also taken into custody on suspicion of assault after allegations surfaced on social media.

On Tuesday, he was taken into custody on accusations of sexual assault and making threatening statements to a kill.

In an earlier statement, Manchester United stated that the attacker will not be allowed to return to training or games until further notice.

Greater Manchester Police said Greenwood was arrested after the force “became aware of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence”.

It stated that magistrates had given a second extension to keep him in detention until Wednesday, but that he had since been released pending the outcome of more investigations.

Following the striker’s arrest, EA Sports, the video game producer, said that Greenwood will be removed from all FIFA products.

It stated that he had been removed from active squads in FIFA 22 and that he had been barred from appearing in FIFA Ultimate Team packs and the Ultimate Draft as a result.

Mason Greenwood: Manchester United's Player Released on Bail Amid Sexual Assault Reports

Nike, the sportswear company, has previously stated that it had terminated its partnership with the sportsman.

“We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation,” a spokesman said.

Manchester United signed Greenwood to a four-year contract in February of last year after watching him progress through the club’s youth system. Greenwood made his senior debut in March of this year.

Mason Greenwood: Manchester United's Player Released on Bail Amid Sexual Assault Reports

On Sunday, the club said it “did not condone violence of any kind” and had been made aware of the allegations but would make no further comment until the “facts have been established”.

In a further statement on Tuesday, the club said it “reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind”.

Add your comment

Your email address will not be published.