World Cup and Premier League player’s bail has been Extended Until 2023, He Is accused of “raping” a woman in her 20s

Spread the love

World Cup and Premier League player who was detained on rape allegations has had his bail extended untill 2023.

World Cup and Premier League player's bail has been increased until the following year after he was accused of "raping" a woman in her 20s

The footballer is charged with raping two women in two distinct incidents, one in June of this year and the other in April of 2021.

His police bail hearing had been scheduled for October, but it has now been postponed until early January 2019.

The football player was detained in July after police raided a North London property. He has since been transported to the World Cup.

His first accused victim, a woman in her 20s, said she was raped in June while on vacation in the Mediterranean.

It is alleged that she left the five-star resort she was staying at and flew back to her friends and family.

On her return to the UK, the woman is believed to have spoken to police and shown them pictures of what she claimed were bruises on her body from the alleged incident.

See also  Bayern Munich Breaks Another Record As They Become The First Club To Win Every Single Game In Three Consecutive UCL Group Stages

He was later detained again following his original arrest on suspicion of two further offenses from April and June 2021.

The police later dismissed the claim from June.

The player is a member of one of the 32 World Cup squads and has not been suspended by his club.

Scotch Yard stated: “On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.”

“It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022.”

“While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.”

“No further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offence in June 2021 because the relevant legislation had not yet come into effect at the time it is said to have occurred.”

See also  Cristiano Ronaldo is Prepared to Accept a 30% Pay Cut Just To Leave Manchester United This Summer
World Cup and Premier League player's bail has been increased until the following year after he was accused of "raping" a woman in her 20s

“This has been explained to the complainant who continues to be supported by officers.”

Which Other Premier League Player Has Been Accused Of Rape?

The unidentified football player is the fourth EPL player to have been accused of rape and sexual assault in the past 12 months.

The Manchester City player Benjamin Mendy was accused of four charges of rape and one count of sexual assault in August.

The Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood was also detained in January on suspicion of assaulting and raping Harriet Robson, who also happened to be his ex-girlfriend.

Nevertheless, the 20-year-old was freed on bail while the case was still being investigated.

2022 FIFA World Cup

The men’s national teams of FIFA member associations compete in the ongoing 2022 FIFA World Cup, an international football competition.

The 22nd FIFA World Cup is ongoing in Qatar from November 20 through December 18, 2022.

The 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan was the first World Cup hosted entirely in Asia; this one is the first to be staged in the Arab world.

See also  Manchester United calls an emergency board meeting to decide on who would replace Ole Gunnar Gunnar…

The 2018 final saw France defeat Croatia 4-2 to conquer the world of football.

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar is the most expensive World Cup ever, with an estimated cost of over $220 billion; Qatari officials dispute this figure, with organizing CEO Nasser Al Khater claiming the real cost is $8 billion; other figures pertain to overall infrastructure development since the World Cup was awarded to Qatar in 2010.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: