Jurgen Klopp of Liverpool hails Arsenal ahead of the PL clash at Anfield


    The manager of Liverpool football club, Jurgen Klopp has hailed the current form of Arsenal football club ahead of his meeting with the club at Anfield. He described the north London-based club as a “really good side”.

    Jurgen Klopp and his team will host coach Mikel Arteta and his team at Anfield later tonight, November 20 at 18:30. The game is very important for the top four hope of both teams.

    The contradiction between the two teams is that Liverpool are currently descending on the league table while Arsenal are currently enjoying an ascending run on the table.

    Recall that Arsenal started this season’s campaign below the top ten but they have been able to push themselves from the danger zone to the 5th spot on the league table.

    They are currently sitting 2 points below 4th placed Liverpool which means that if they can record a win over Liverpool tonight, Arsenal will break into the top four.

    Jurgen Klopp whose team lost their league game away at West Ham United before the November international break knows that a win over Arsenal is what Liverpool need to return to contention for the league title.

    Ahead of the Premier League game against Arsenal, Klopp admitted that his team has not been recording enough good results, adding that his team knows they have to fight for a win over Arsenal tonight.

    “To stay in and around the top of the league, you need results and we haven’t had enough good results in the last few weeks,” Klopp said. “We lost at West Ham, but even a draw wouldn’t have made the situation massively different.

    “So we know we have to perform and fight because Arsenal is a really good side, but we are at Anfield and we have to make it count.”

    Bookmakers across the world are predicting that Liverpool will beat Arsenal at Anfield tonight. It is believed that Liverpool have a 65 percent chance of winning while Arsenal have a 16 percent chance of winning. The chance that the game will end in a draw is said to be 19 percent.

    Jurgen Klopp comments on Steven Gerrard’s decision to join Aston Villa

    Jurgen Klopp and Steven Gerrard.
    File photo of Jurgen Klopp and Steven Gerrard.

    Meanwhile, Jurgen Klopp has been dragged to comment on Steven Gerrard‘s decision to leave Rangers for Aston Villa earlier in the month.

    He frowned at the assumption that the former Liverpool captain joined Aston Villa as a stepping stone to become a coach of Liverpool.

    The German tactician described the managerial journey of Gerrard as a perfect career, adding that the former England international could become the coach of Liverpool in the future.

    “In England, you have some club legends and think ‘could he be the coach?” Klopp told Sky Sports. “When Frank Lampard took over at Chelsea everyone thought ‘that makes sense, but then where can he go from there?

    “Stevie is doing everything right so far, getting some experience here with the academy, taking his coaching experiences to Rangers, being very, very, very successful there, then he had made the next step. So far it has been the perfect career.

    “While I’m here, it’s difficult but of course [he can be Liverpool’s future manager]. But it is important that from now on that the Steven Gerrard Aston Villa chapter starts and that’s exactly what will happen.”


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here