Breaking: New development on Manchester United player Mason Greenwood and bail condition… He is facing charges of rape and physical assaults’

Spread the love

Mason Greenwood, a Manchester United midfielder, has been granted bail until the middle of June following allegations that he raped and abused a young woman.

Manchester United say Mason Greenwood's status 'unchanged' and social media  speculation over reinstatement of striker is not true

After a report of online social media photographs and videos submitted by a lady describing incidences of physical abuse, the striker was first apprehended by police on Sunday (January 30).

He was also interrogated on accusations of making death threats.

Greater Manchester Police said it was continuing to look into images and videos of physical violence shared on social media.

Greenwood was given conditional bail, which was set to run out on Saturday.

“We are still investigating an allegation submitted to us on Sunday 30 January of online social media photographs and videos posted by a woman describing episodes of physical violence,” a police spokesman said.

See also  Every Premier League player plays higher level, says Chelsea's Kai Havertz

“A 20-year-old male who was detained that day on accusations of rape, assault, and threats to kill a woman is still out on bond.”

“A court application has been filed to extend his bail beyond Saturday, April 30th, but the hearing is not scheduled until mid-June.”

“Until the date of the court hearing, the suspect will be released on conditional bond.”

Mason Greenwood released on bail after arrest on suspicion of rape and  assault - Mirror Online

Harriet Robson, Mason Greenwood’s girlfriend, accuses him of abusing her. Following photos uploaded on social media by his girlfriend Harriet Robson, Mason Greenwood was detained on suspicion of rape and assault on Sunday.

The striker, who has only made one appearance for England, was immediately prohibited from playing or practicing with the Old Trafford club until further notice when the allegations surfaced online.

In a statement, the player’s club explained that he had been barred from all first-team squad activities. This comment was made before the local police department confirmed his detention.

See also  Pep Guardiola uses Man City to set a new standard in the Premier League

“Until further notice, Mason Greenwood will not return to training or play matches,” Manchester United said.

Greenwood’s sponsorship deal with Nike has been canceled, and he has been removed from active squads in Electronic Arts’ Fifa 22 game.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: