- This is the first time in the history of the Champions League that two French clubs have reached the semi-finals. Lyon will play Bayern Munich in the second of two France-Germany clashes, PSG and Leipzig contesting the other.
FULL TIME: Manchester City 1-3 Lyon
City crumbles to the floor as Jesus floods of tears.
90 +5: Sterling dribbles hard down the right and enters the box and his shot is deflected and squirts across the face of goal. The resulting corner is claimed by Lopes.
90 +4: De Bruyne goes straight for goal from the freekick. Lopes turns the vicious shot over the bar.
90 +3: Sterling dribbles and gets bowled over just outside the box.
90. Five minutes extra time.
GOAL! Manchester City 1-3 Lyon (Dembele 87)
Lyon puts the icing on the icing on the cake after Ederson palms Aouar’s weak shot and the rebound falls to Dembele, who dinks into the bottom right.
86. Jesus scampers down the inside right and pulls the ball across the face of goal for Sterling, who just has to tap home, but he leans back and blasts over from six yards!
85. SUBSTITUTION: On comes David Silva for Rodri.
80 min: VAR check causes a long wait for an offside decision, plus a tangle between Dembele and Laporte. But the goal stands.
GOAL! Lyon 2-1 Manchester City (Dembele 78)
Aouar’s pass splits City backline for Ekambi, who is offside but leaves it for Dembele, who picks up possession and romps clear. He sidefoots powerfully through Ederson’s legs and in.
77 min: After moving down the left, Sterling stops inside the box and carefully wedges across the face of goal for Jesus, who is free at the far post. Jesus fails to get a good strike because his body shape all wrong, batters wide right from a close angle.
76. Jesus scampers down the inside-left and twice attempts to get a shot away from a tight angle. He asked for a penalty after one his shots hit Marcelo’s hand, but the ref isn’t up for that one either,.
75. Lyon makes a double change. Dubois and Depay make way for Tete and Dembele.
73. Jesus whips a shot towards the top left and Lopes does extremely well to turn it around the post. Nothing comes of the corner.
71. Cornet tries to burst clear of Walker and into the box but the right-back gives him a light brush on the back. He goes down asking for a penalty but the referee isn’t having any of it.
GOAL! Manchester City 1-1 Lyon (De Bruyne 69)
Sterling pulls a brilliant ball back for De Bruyne who, rushing in, opens his body and creams a glorious shot across Lopes and into the bottom right
68. De Bruyne moves down the middle of the park, with Lyon backpedaling and the Belgian reaches the edge of the box and skelps goalwards, but Denayer blocks.
66. De Bruyne’s curler aimed for the top right is high and wide.
64. Marcelo booked for lumbering into Jesus. City gets a freekick in a threatening position.
63. Marcal utilises some space in the middle by driving into it. He releases a long-distance shot straight at Ederson.
61. De Bruyne floats in another ball from the left, but it’s too high for Sterling at the far post.
60. De Bruyne loops the ball over the wall and towards the bottom left but it’s a too timid as Lopes palms it away easily enough.
59. Marcelo falls Jesus 25 yards from goal. City gets a free kick in a very dangerous position, just to the left of center.
58. Rodri goes into the book for a clip on the in-flight Guimaraes.
56. Cancelo wins a corner down the left and City takes off Fernandinho for Mahrez. The corner was wasted again.
53: Fernandinho swings an aimless cross in from the right. Dubois panics and heads out for a corner under no pressure. The resulting corner is too long.
51: Depay is brought down needlessly by Garcia, and gets Lyon a free kick in a central position. From 35 yards out, Depay belts it straight at the wall.
49. Cancelo twists his way down the left but Denayer romps across to blooter the ball off his toe and wins a throw for Lyon.
47. Ekambi chases a ball down the right, but backheels on the byline and the ball clanks off Laporte for a Lyon corner. Nothing comes of it,
SECOND HALF: Lyon kicks off. No half-time changes.
Houssem Aouar was fouled four times in the first half. Only Marco Verratti (21) has been fouled more times in the CL this season than Aouar (20).
HALF TIME: Manchester City 0-1 Lyon
It’s half time in Lisbon while City were building up a head of steam.
45+1. De Bruyne releases a delightful outside-of-the-boot pass to Sterling into the box down the inside-right channel. But the angle is tight, and his route to goal is blocked by Lopes. Nothing occurred from the resulting corner.
45. Garcia heads the corner wide after some good work by Gundogan.
44. De Bruyne used the space down the left hits a low cross into the center. Marcelo diverts out the ball for a corner.
42. Sterling dribbles past Cornet and cuts back for Rodri, who slams a shot straight at Lopes.
41. De Bruyne challenged on Marcelo, Marcal did the same to Walker and there are quite a lot of frowns on City faces at the minute.
39. De Bruyne from the resulting freekick goes directly for goal again and Lopes punches clear again.
38: They are good to go. Sterling was eventually he’s clipped to the ground by Denayer.
37: Fernandinho and Aouar involved in a clash while contesting a high ball. Both a wrigglin on the floor.
35. Pep is gesticulating wildly on his chair and making observations in the trenchant style.
33: Fernandinho again clipped s Aouar from behind. He’ll need to watch himself because he is already on a card.
32. After a good run down the left, Cancelo’s cross is weakly punched by Lopes towards Gundogan, but the keeper makes amends by spreading himself well to deny the City midfielder a shot on goal.
30. Depay’s free kick over City can’t find a team-mate in the box.
29. Fernandinho got booked for a cynical tap on Aouar’s heel. The Lyon midfielder dribbled adroitly down the middle of the park and got felled by the Brazilian.
28. Jesus got clipped over by Denayer near the left-hand corner flag. De Bruyne takes the free-kick and goes straight for the goal to Lopes, who punches clear.
VAR check ongoing in case Ekambi had gone too soon. Walker had played him on.
26. GOAL: Manchester City 0- 1 Lyon
Ekambi springs the offside trap and races clear from Marcal’s long pass from the left-back position. Garcia exceptionally well to hook-tackle him, but the ball breaks to Cornet, 30 yards out. With Ederson is off his line, Cornet curled in a first-time shot around the slumped Ekambi and Garcia and into the bottom left!
20. Dubois, who cuts City defense open but Depay was not where he usually is.
19. Lyon are seeing a lot more of the ball than they did during the opening exchanges.
15. De Bruyne escapes booking after clanking into Aouar. The referee briefly considers booking him for hanging out a cynical leg, but is hypnotized by De Bruyne’s wagging finger and changes his mind.
12 . Dubois is the first player to be booked after a pointless late lunge on Cancelo.
10.: Ederson flops on the ball from a corner
7. Walker throws in from the right as Jesus tries to spin down the channel but is manhandled by Marcelo. No freekick for the Brazilian.
5. Walker chests a right-wing cross back to Ederson, who makes a three-course meal of gathering as the ball heads for the bottom left but eventually smothers, but only after nearly squeaking into the corner.
4. Raheem Sterling got a pass from Joao Cancelo on the left and he tried to find Gabriel Jesus, in front of the goal, with a square pass but the ball was poked away by Marcal in the nick of time.
3. Sterling zips in from the left and cuts back for Jesus, but there’s no chance of Jesus tapping home because Marcal gets a crucial block in, and Marcelo booted it out for a corner.
2. Cornet’s long throw is easily cleared.
The winner of the clash will face Bayern Munich.
- 17De Bruyne
- 9Gabriel Jesus
- 20Bernardo Silva
- 6Guedes Filho
- 20Marçal de Oliveira
- 39Guimarães Rodriguez Moura
- 21Toko Ekambi
- 4Pereira da Silva
- 12Mendes Ribeiro
- 22de Souza Oliveira