Cristiano Ronaldo To Take Decision On Manchester United Future, Bruno Fernandes Confirms

Spread the love

Cristiano Ronaldo is set to decide on his Manchester United future soon amidst uncertainties. His teammate and fellow Portuguese star Bruno Fernandes confirmed this after a crucial 2-1 win over Liverpool.

Cristiano Ronaldo To Take Decision On Manchester United Future, Bruno Fernandes Confirms
Ronaldo unhappy at Manchester United

Apparently, the uncertainties surrounding the future of Cristiano Ronaldo will finally be laid to rest. The Portugal international is set to address all lingering issues surrounding his Old Trafford future.

Speaking in a post-match press conference, Bruno Fernandez confirmed the decision of Ronaldo to finally bring to an end a long gap of silence over his Man United future.

Recall that the Portugal international had asked Manchester United to allow him to leave if they received any offer from any club. Ronaldo tendered his exit request since the end of last season and has been working vigorously with his agent Jorge Mendes to effect an exit from Manchester United.

Ronaldo’s request for departure was met with disapproval. The club insisted that he is not for sale. Ronaldo still has a year remaining in his Manchester United contract but had opted for an exit after the Red Devils failed to qualify for the 2022-2023 Champions League. Despite his 24 goals for the Red Devils last season, the club finished 6th position on the table with no Champions League football.

See also  "I want to play Real Madrid again in the finals" - Mohamed Salah
Cristiano Ronaldo To Take Decision On Manchester United Future, Bruno Fernandes Confirms
Ronaldo starts from bench against Liverpool

Ronaldo wants to play in the Champions League and is ready to take a pay cut to join any team that has qualified for the Champions League. So far, he has been linked to many clubs, but no club has tabled a bid for the player yet.

The 37-year-old did not join Manchester United in most of their preseason friendlies. He excused himself from Man United preseason for family reasons.

Since his return from vacation, there have been widespread speculations about his future at Manchester United. He played the club’s two opening matches in which the team suffered huge and heavy defeats. Meanwhile, sources close to Old Trafford have disclosed that the club is considering reversing their position and ready to consider offers for the player.

After a two-match winless run, Erik Ten Hag took a drastic decision in his match with Liverpool. He dropped Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire on the bench. A decision pundits describe as a clear message by Ten Hag that he is ready to work without the five times Ballon d’Or winner. The Red Devils won 2-1 against Liverpool, sparking speculations that Ronaldo is actually set for an Old Trafford exit, with the transfer window closing on September 1.

See also  Juventus wants Christian Pulisic as part of Matthijs de Ligt's deal

He had recently debunked the widespread rumors surrounding his future, dismissing the ‘lying media’ for false reports.

After the clash with Liverpool, fellow teammates and Portugal international had hinted at Ronaldo’s future at the club. Speaking in a post-match press conference, Bruno Fernandes said;

“Cristiano Ronaldo’s future? I may know one thing or another, I won’t be the one who will say it.

“For now he’s a United player, he’s quiet – if he’s going to leave or if he won’t leave, he will speak soon as he said.”

Ronaldo will soon address speculations concerning his Man United future as the summer transfer window winds down. It is still uncertain whether he will stay or not. Despite starting from the bench, Ten Hag has stated that he is ready to work with the player. It is now left for the Ballon d’Or legend to decide his fate.

See also  Pep Guardiola's next job will be coaching Brazil National team... he was offered £10 million per year to take over as their new manager
Ronaldo scored a hatrick against Tottenham last season

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: