Bruno Fernandes insisted he has “no problem” with Cristiano Ronaldo despite his Manchester United and Portugal teammate’s explosive statement in which he said he felt betrayed by the club and has no regard for manager Erik ten Hag.
Bruno Fernandes claims that he has not seen Cristiano Ronaldo’s explosive interview with Piers Morgan.
The Qatar World Cup is Bruno Fernandes’ sole focus, according to the player who joined United in January 2020.
Although sources claim that Ten Hag does not think he can work with Ronaldo again, United stated that they would respond to the Portuguese forward’s remarks after gathering all the facts of his viral interview.
Portugal defeated Nigeria 4-0 on Thursday in Lisbon as they began their World Cup preparations without Ronaldo, who was reportedly out with a stomach disorder. Fernandes scored twice in the victory and insisted later that the tournament in Qatar was the only thing on his mind.
A video that went viral last week appeared to show Fernandes greeting Ronaldo coldly which was believed to be his reaction against Ronaldo’s viral interview.
However, Fernandes argued that the video was inaccurate and that a sound-enhanced version clearly showed the two cracking a joke.
When speaking with the SunSport columnist on TalkTV, Bruno Fernandes’ Portugal teammate ( Cristiano Ronaldo) dropped many bombshells regarding Manchester United that sent shockwaves through the entire world of football.
The 37-year-old essentially cut off all ties to the “disrespectful” Old Trafford team.
However, 28-year-old Fernandes, who is currently representing his country at the World Cup in Qatar, believes the issue is irrelevant.
He said to Sky Sports: “It was not something I read.
“It’s the national team now, as I already stated. Lisbon, Portugal. The coach emphasized that it is us.
“Cristiano has performed admirably by participating in five World Cups; this will be his fifth. Everyone wants the best for the squad and is prepared for that.”
The playmaker for United continued by saying he had “no difficulty” with the brash superstar.
When the two met up for Portugal duty on Monday, he seemed to greet Ronaldo coldly.
“People would understand if they clarified what was true in that video. My attention will turn to Manchester United following the World Cup”, explained Fernandes.
“I get along with everyone. I carry out my responsibilities.”
On Thursday, the second segment of the controversial interview “90 Minutes with Ronaldo the Footballing Legend” on Piers Morgan Uncensored aired.
After feeling “provoked” by Ten Hag to leave a game against Tottenham Hotspur earlier this season, Ronaldo claimed that their relationship is broken in the second segment of the interview that aired on Thursday.
Ronaldo stated he turned down a €350 million (£305 million) deal to play in Saudi Arabia this summer in the concluding segment of his bombshell TalkTV interview with Piers Morgan. He also said he had “several offers” to quit Manchester United.
The 37-year-old said he intends to continue playing until he is 40 years old. He has not decided which club he will play for after the World Cup in Qatar, but he hinted at leaving Manchester United, saying it would be “probably good to have a new chapter” in his career.
Away from United, Ronaldo stated that he would be “happy” if Arsenal win the Premier League, as the Gunners are currently leading Manchester City by five points.