Jack Grealish and Trezeguet lead Aston Villa to a win over Arsenal today and the win was enough to push Aston Villa out of the relegation zone.
Aston Villa’s Chief executive Christian Purslow has previously described relegation as a “£200million catastrophe”, The team was at number 18 before their match against Arsenal. They won 1. – 0 and earned 3 points that they need to get them ahead of the relegation zone. As things stand, they are in a safe condition on goal difference and the number of games played.
Premier league bottom 5 as of July 21, 2020
- 16. West Ham United with 37 points
- 17. Aston Villa with 34 points
- 18. Watford with 34 points
- 19. Bournemouth with 31 points
- 20. Norwich City with 21 points
- Aston Villa will end the day outside of the Premier League relegation zone for the first time since the 28th of February.
- Trézéguet has now scored three goals in his last three premier league games, as many as he managed in his previous 30 matches.
Arsenal Aston Villa Game highlights.
Incase you missed Aston Villa’s goals against Arsenal, see the video of Trezequet goal below.
Here is what the 2020 relegation zone looks like