Antonio Conte Confirms He Is Going Nowhere Amid Insulting Transfer Talks Linking Him To Juventus Job

Spread the love

Antonio Conte, the head coach of Tottenham, calls rumors that he would return to Juventus “disrespectful” and “incredible,” and he insisted he is content with his situation at Spurs.

Antonio Conte Confirms He Is Going Nowhere Amid Insulting Transfer Talks Linking Him To Juventus Job

Conte is willing to take over for Juve manager Massimiliano Allegri, who is under pressure and can lose his job as a result of the Old Lady’s poor Serie A performance this year with just two victories in seven games, according to sources in Italy last week.

Additionally, Conte’s contract predicament at Tottenham, where his current agreement expires next summer, is allegedly encouraging to the Italian powerhouses.

However, Conte who joined Spurs in November 2021 and later helped them qualify for the Champions League, has denied the rumors coming from his native Italy.

The 53-year-Old Said: “This is incredible, in this period I think this is disrespectful for the coach that works in Juventus and for me working in Tottenham.

“We have just started the season. Many times I have spoken about this topic and I’ve always said I’m happy and enjoying my time with Tottenham.

See also  Antonio Conte of Tottenham Hotspur criticizes Premier League & managers' meeting... Burnley vs Everton postponed

“We have the whole season to find the best solution for the club and for me, and for sure, I’m enjoying my time at Tottenham.

“I have a great relationship with the owner and [Fabio] Paratici [Spurs managing director of football]. I don’t see any problems at the moment in the future. We both signed the contract.

“I don’t want to listen to someone speaking about this [speculation].”

Antonio Conte

Antonio Conte Cavaliere OMRI of Tottenham Hotspur was born 31 July 1969.

Conte, a retired Italian midfielder, began his playing career at a local team Lecce. He eventually rose to prominence at Juventus, where he won five Serie A championships, one Coppa Italia, one UEFA Champions League, and one UEFA Cup. From 1996 to 2001, he also served as the team’s captain.

See also  Antoine Griezmann: this is why Barcelona gave Griezmann back to Atletico Madrid

He participated in the UEFA Euro 2000 and the FIFA World Cup 1994 as a member of the Italy national team; Italy finished second in both competitions.

Beginning in 2006, he guided Bari to a Serie B championship and Siena to promotion from the same tier the following season.

Antonio Conte Confirms He Is Going Nowhere Amid Insulting Transfer Talks Linking Him To Juventus Job

Before assuming charge of the Italian national team in 2014 and managing them till UEFA Euro 2016, where he led them to the quarterfinals, he took over at Juventus in 2011 and won three straight Serie A titles.

He then took the position of manager of Chelsea, guiding them to the Premier League title in his first season in charge. In his second season, they won the FA Cup, but he was fired because they finished fifth in the league in the same season.

Following his arrival at Inter Milan, Conte led the club to the UEFA Europa League final in his debut campaign, and in his second campaign, he won the 2020–2021 Serie A championship, before resigning by mutual consent. In November 2021, he signed on with Tottenham Hotspur.

See also  Neymar of PSG gives reason why he wants to play in Major League Soccer

After seeing very little play since its peak at the 1990 World Cup, Conte is credited with giving the 3-5-2 formation new life.

What did Conte say regarding Richarlison’s racial harassment?

After the break, Conte’s team will play their next game against rivals from north London, Arsenal, on Saturday. During the break, Tottenham forward Richarlison was the target of racial slurs while playing for Brazil.

FIFA has launched an investigation into the incident, which occurred during Brazil’s friendly victory over Tunisia on Tuesday in Paris. A banana was thrown at the 25-year-old during the game which is a racist gesture.

When questioned about the racial taunts hurled at Richarlison, Conte responded: “Richy played with the national team, scored a goal and then what happened is incredible, because in 2022 to be witnessing this type of situation is embarrassing for everybody.”

“For sure I hope this person can be banned from football for the rest of their life but then it is a situation that is very disappointing to make a comment about this.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: