The UEFA Executive Committee met earlier today to take a number of decisions. The meeting was held in Amsterdam,Netherlands with the committee appointing Minsk, Belarus, as the venue for the 2021 Ordinary UEFA Congress.
The committee also appointed countries to host several competitions finals. The list of countries to host club competitions are as follow:
• UEFA Europa League 2022: Puskás Aréna, Budapest, Hungary
• UEFA Women’s Champions League 2022: Juventus Stadium, Turin, Italy
• UEFA Women’s Champions League 2023: PSV Stadium, Eindhoven, Netherlands
• UEFA Super Cup 2022: Helsinki Olympic Stadium, Finland *
• UEFA Super Cup 2023: Kazan Arena, Russia *
The following regulations were approved:
• 2020/21 UEFA Champions League
• 2020/21 UEFA Europa League
• 2020/21 UEFA Youth League
• 2021 UEFA Super Cup
• 2020/21 UEFA Women’s Champions League
• 2020/21 UEFA Futsal Champions League
• 2020 UEFA Coaching Convention
• 2020 UEFA Medical Regulations
The next committee meeting is expected to take place ending of May in Gdańsk, Poland. This is to finalize on certain decisions as regards to the UEFA Europa League Final.
Meanwhile, UEFA Inspector has announced Saint Petersburg Stadium Is Ready To Host Euro 2020. In the last several days Russia has made clear that neither coronavirus issues, not a four-year ban from sporting events can stop Russia from hosting the Euro 2020.
A final inspection was done a few days ago at the Saint Petersburg Arena in St. Petersburg, Russia. The stadium is expected to host four Euro 2020 games, with three games being group stage and one quarterfinal match. Eleven other destinations across Europe are expected to host several matches.
Along with St. Petersburg, other cities expected to host matches are London (England), Munich (Germany), Rome (Italy), Baku (Azerbaijan), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (the Netherlands), Dublin (Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Glasgow (Scotland) and Copenhagen (Denmark). Euro 2020 is expected to kick off on June 12 and will run up until July 12 this year.