Prosecutors stop investigation involving Luis Suarez and Juventus lawyers

Spread the love


Italian prosecutors in charge of the investigation involving former Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez, and Juventus lawyers have said they have stopped the process for now due to too many leaks.

Luigi Chiappero and colleague Maria Turco had traveled to Perugia on Friday to defend their alleged roles in the Italian language exam that Suarez took prior to his proposed move to the club.

According to Sky reports, the seven-hour meeting concluded with the prosecution opting to stop its probe for the time being.

Luis Suarez to now wear number 9 jersey at Athletico Madrid

The chief prosecutor Raffaele Cantone said the decision was made to reschedule following ‘too many violations of secrecy’.

This is following an onslaught of wiretaps and leaked quotes to the press. La Repubblica had claimed that Juve lawyer Maria Turco had promised the university holding Suarez’s exam that the club would ‘return with more foreign players in the future’.

However, Turco’s superior Luigi Chiappero said their dealings with the university was transparent, maintaining that the Old Lady were in no way involved.

Suarez finally moves to Athletico Madrid

Meanwhile, Suarez completed his move to Atletico Madrid on Friday afternoon after his proposed Juve switch fell through. This was following allegations he cheated on the language test.

Suarez has therefore left the Juventus lawyers to deal with the fiasco while moving on from the Camp Nou to the Wand Metropolitano.

Luis Suarez started training with Athletico Madrid

Suarez, who had already agreed to become Juve’s new No 9, instead moved to La Liga rivals. The transfer fell through over his inability to secure an Italian passport.

The La Liga giant took the opportunity to sign the veteran on a free transfer with a nominal wage of around 6m Euros on a two-year deal after spending six glamorous years at Barcelona where he scored 198 goals. He also won four La Liga trophies, four Copa Del Rey, One Champions League, One UEFA Suoer Cup, and One FIFA World Club Cup.

“Atlético de Madrid has reached an agreement with Luis Suárez to become a new rojiblanco player. 

“The Uruguayan striker passed the relevant medical examination early this Friday at the University of Navarra Clinic and later signed his new contract at the Wanda Metropolitano that links him to our entity for the next two seasons,” part of the club’s statement reads.

This now means that the former Liverpool ace will pair up with fellow Uruguay international Edinson Cavani in the Spanish capital. Cavani moved to the Spanish club from Paris Saint-Germaine.

Alvaro Morata on the other hand departed Athletico for the Bianconeri on an initial loan deal.

Suarez welcomed at Athletico

As part of the club’s tradition for a new recruit, Suarez has been welcomed by his new teammates.

This was just a mere tradition within a formed wall by the players to give him a warm taps on the back as he passes through each of them.

No doubt, a player of huge quality, Suarez is expected to hit the ground running and start scoring goals. This is usual hallmark.