Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes the game against Watford could be a turning point for Manchester United

Spread the love

The manager of Manchester United, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes that the club’s game against Watford later today, November 20, could be a turning point for the club.

Recall that Manchester United have been struggling to win games before the November international break. In the last five Premier League games, Manchester United played before the break, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his boys recorded three defeats, one victory, and a draw.

The poor run of form has pushed Manchester United down from the fourth spot to the 6th spot with 17 points in 11 games. They are currently 5 points away from the top four.

Due to the poor run of games, pressure has been mounting on the team especially on coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Most supporters of the club want him to be sacked but the club’s board has decided to stick with him.

Ahead of Manchester United’s visit to Vicarage Road to play Watford, coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said his players could use the Watford game to respond to the critics of the club.

See also  Harry Maguire of Man United might not be in court in Greece this year, here is why
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes the game against Watford could be a turning point for Manchester United
Coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of Manchester United.

The Norwegian tactician said he and his team have utilized the November international break to prepare for the Watford game and subsequent matches.

On his future at the club, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer stressed that he has been in constant communication with the club’s board, noting that Manchester United were in the same situation last season and they were able to turn things around.

“Of course, I’ve been in contact and communicated with the club as I do all the time anyway”, the coach said.

“It’s been a long international break but it’s one that we’ve utilized to our benefit, we feel it’s been a good response from the players and we’re ready for the Watford game.

“We’ve been through periods like this before. Our away form, we’ve just gone 30-odd games and lost one. Last season we turned it around and went on a run of 20-odd games and one defeat, that’s the kind of run we need to get back.

See also  Jose Mourinho Tells Thomas Tuchel how easy it is to be successful at Chelsea

“This week we’ve prioritized a few things we have to improve on. Form and performances haven’t been good enough. We can do better, should do better and it’s down to performances on the day, human beings, sometimes you hit the post and it goes out, sometimes it goes in, that can affect the mood, atmosphere. We’ve got to focus on getting the start right.”

The Manchester United Premier League game against Watford is scheduled to kick off at 16:00 later today, November 20, 2021.

If Manchester United manage to beat Watford, they could remain on the 6th spot pending the outcome of other league games. But if Watford beat Manchester United, the Red Devils could slip as low as the 8th spot.

Solskjaer added: “We know the poor run of form puts ourselves under pressure but that pressure should be a joy, it should be something that makes us a better team and makes every player perform at their best level.

“The players, the staff, myself, and the club, we are all working towards one goal and that’s for this team to improve and get better results.”

See also  Deadline Day: Man Utd Sign Southend Goalkeeper Nathan Bishop

Just like how desperately Manchester United need to win the Premier League game, Watford need to beat United to stand a better chance of avoiding relegation. They currently sit on the 17th spot with 10 points in 11 games, two points away from the relegation zone.

The bookmakers predict that Manchester United have a 63 percent chance to beat Watford. While Watford have a 16 percent chance of beating United. There is a 21 percent chance that the game might end in a draw.

Leave a Reply

1 Comment

  • Bello Akanni Sheriffdeen 1 year ago

    I think it’s either way,winning could be a turning point for them,it will boost the atmosphere of the team,but he shouldn’t forget that there are still many tough matches ahead and the result against Watford can prove or not prove anything.I think he should focus more on improving is team tactically,he should build an identity for his team that will serve as a blue print for them to work on,just like Ferguson did,this Man U team coached by Ole don’t have an identity.

%d bloggers like this: