The Brazilian and Liverpool midfielder’s home was reportedly burgled on the night of the Reds lifting the English Premier League trophy after their win against Chelsea.
The 26 years old joined Liverpool from Monaco in 2018 for an initial fee of £43.7m with over 69 appearances with 3 goals.
The raid on Fabinho’s residence was believed to have taken place between Wednesday at 3pm, and Thursday at 4am.
The player and his family was said to have gone out with his Liverpool teammates to celebrate their Premier League title at a private party.
This gave the thieves the opportunity to carry out their plans.
The family discovered they had been robbed after they returned early from the party they attended.
Police revealed that personal items such as jewelry were stolen by the burglars, the midfielder’s grey Audi RS6 was missing but was found in another community in Wigan and has been returned.
Fabinho joins a long list of Liverpool players, both past and present, whose home has come under attack.
Sadio Mane suffered the same fate in 2019 during the team’s match against Bayern Munich, while Robert Firmino, Pepe Reina, Jerzy Dudek, and Daniel Agger were all victims of such attack.
A spokesperson of the police said, “Detectives are appealing for helpful information following a burglary in Formby.”
While the force also revealed that “ The house and car have been forensically examined by Crime Scene Investigators and CCTV footage in the area are on-going.