Liverpool takes on Villarreal today at the Anfield stadium and it was electrifying as usual. Liverpool for the most part took control of the game and left Villarreal to defend for most of the game.
The first half ended 0 – 0, but Liverpool opened the score sheet in the second half as soon as the game resumes.
Liverpool is breaking a lot of records this season.
- Unbeaten in matches in which they score the first goal in over a year
- Liverpool’s 450th goal in the European Champions League.
- Since 2003-04 (when this data is available), no team has had more first-half shots in a UEFA Champions League semi-final without scoring than Liverpool this evening (12).
- Sadio Mané has tonight netted his 14th goal in the UEFA Champions League knockout stages, equalling Didier Drobga’s record as the African with the most such goals in the competition’s history
- Liverpool will play in the semi-finals of the European Cup/UEFA Champions League for the 12th time this evening, equalling Manchester United (12) as the English club with the most appearances at this stage
|55′||Goal! Liverpool 2, Villarreal 0. Sadio Mané (Liverpool) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Mohamed Salah with a through ball.|
|53′||Own Goal by Pervis Estupiñán, Villarreal. Liverpool 1, Villarreal 0.|
|47′||Pervis Estupiñán (Villarreal) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.|
|45′||Second Half begins Liverpool 0, Villarreal 0.|
|32′||Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.|