Wales right-winger, Gareth Bale believes that investigating racists abuse in football is a long process that might not yield much.
Hence, the Welshman urged the world football governing body, FIFA, to ban any country whose fans racially abuse players at stadia.
The 32-year-old Real Madrid forward stated this while reacting to the racists attack England’s Jude Bellingham and Raheem Sterling suffered in the hands of Hungarian fans during a FIFA World Cup qualifies which ended 4-0 in favor of England on Thursday.
FIFA has opened disciplinary proceedings into the incident, an investigation which Gareth Bale feels is unnecessary since the evidence of the racist’s attack was obvious.
Ahead of Wales’ World Cup qualification match against Belarus, Gareth Bale urged FIFA to take an action instead of a prolonged investigation process.
He said: “It’s frustrating. I don’t know why they launch these investigations that take so long when it is clear to see. Action should be taken to stop it.
“I don’t know the severity of what to do to but the easiest thing is… whether you ban the fans from the stadium or if they keep repeatedly doing it, which seems to be what is happening, then you ban the country from the competition.
“If that country keeps making these horrible gestures, then maybe the best thing to do is to get rid of them, give them a suspension, and hopefully they will learn their lesson that way.”
Gareth Bale is ready to walk off the pitch if any Wales national team player is racially abused.
Ahead of Wales vs Belarus World Cup qualification match which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, September 5, 2021, at 14:00, Gareth Bale said it is inevitable that players will walk off the pitch in the future due to racism.
He went on to stress that as the captain of the Wales national team, he would support his teammates to walk off the pitch if they suffer racist abuse.
“If anything happens to any of our players and they wanted to walk off the pitch, I’d be fully for it”, he said.
“Football qualifiers are important but these matters come way above football.
“If we felt we weren’t getting protection and being treated the right way by the governing bodies and the only way to get the best response was to walk off, I’d be full for it.
“At the end of the day, it’s the right thing to do and it’s more important than football.
“We haven’t discussed it. But we’d have that discussion if it happened and we’d all agree on it as we’re a team that sticks together and if anyone is being targeted, we’ll do the right thing.”
Gareth Bale is still contracted to Real Madrid. His contract with the Spanish club will expire on June 30, 2022. He spent last season at his childhood club, Tottenham Hotspur.
From all indications, Bale is expected to be a prominent figure in coach Carlo Ancelotti’s plans for the Spanish giants this season. He has played three out of three Spanish La Liga games so far this season.