Fabio Paratici Steps Down From His Role As Tottenham’s Director

Spread the love

Fabio Paratici of Tottenham Hotspur has stepped aside as the club’s Director following his worldwide football ban, the club confirmed on Friday.

Fabio Paratici Steps Down From His Role As Tottenham's Director

The club has announced that the director has taken a leave of absence after his Italian football ban was extended worldwide.

The Director was banned from football in Italy, his homeland, due to alleged involvement in malpractice with his former club Juventus.

Earlier this week, FIFA announced that a disciplinary committee extended Paratici’s ban worldwide with Spurs facing the heat.

Premier League club Tottenham has now confirmed that Paratici will step down from his role.

The club said in a statement that: “This week – 29 March 2023 – the FIFA Disciplinary Committee announced a decision to extend the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) sanctions, relating to Fabio Paratici, worldwide.”

See also  Manchester United were robbed in favor of Sheffield United

“This decision was taken in advance of Fabio Paratici’s appeal hearing against the FIGC sanctions on 19 April 2023, the result of which would then have been considered by additional stakeholders, including the club.”

“Given FIFA’s unexpected ruling the sanctions may now have multi-jurisdictional effect, although they are still related to the FIGC appeal.”

“In view of FIFA’s decision, Fabio has agreed with the club that he will take an immediate leave of absence pending the outcome of his appeal.”

Reports have it that the club chief Paratici met with Spurs’ players on Friday to explain the situation – a decision was then reached for the 50-year-old to step back from his role pending an appeal.

Fabio Paratici Steps Down From His Role As Tottenham's Director

This news comes amid the series of Crisis that the Spur’s Chairman Daniel Levy is facing currently with the club.

Paratici would have been key to looking for a suitable replacement of sacked Antonio Conte as head of the club’s football operation.

See also  Manchester City struggling with Premier League focus, says Guardiola

The Italian has also been playing a role in trying to convince Harry Kane to remain in North London despite offers from several clubs.

Kane, who has just 18 months left on his contract, doesn’t look like he wants to remain in London after being linked with summer moves to Manchester United or Bayern Munich.

Paratici was handed a 30-month ban from Italian football in January after Juventus were found guilty of false accounting over a period of time.

That ban was then extended by FIFA to a worldwide suspension last week – a decision over Paratici’s appeal is expected to be heard on April 19.

Who Is Fabio Paratici?

Fabio Paratici is an Italian association football director and former player. The Italian was born on July 13, 1972.

See also  Liverpool’s injury crisis heightened to Seven as James Milner limps off

Paratici was a managing director of the English club Tottenham Hotspur before FIFA extended his ban which led to him stepping aside.

Paratici made his Serie C1 professional football debut with Piacenza in the year 1989.

Paratici frequently signed for numerous clubs in Serie C1 and Serie C2 of the Italian football pyramid throughout his playing days.

He retired in the year 2004 aged 31 after playing for 12 different clubs over the course of 15 years.

Fabio Paratici Steps Down From His Role As Tottenham's Director

He went ahead with football involvement after retirement through management.

Before he went to become Tottenham’s director, he worked for Italian club Sampdoria as chief observer and head of scouting.

He formed a good partnership with Giuseppe Marotta and then moved to Italian Serie A giants Juventus where he was chief football officer for good 11 years.

%d bloggers like this: