Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most decorated footballers of all time, having won numerous individual awards throughout his career.
Cristiano Ronaldo reached the peaks of his career at Real Madrid, emerging as the club’s all-time highest scorer and winning his most Champions League trophies with a club, including several individual awards.
However, his stint at Manchester United cannot be written off as he groomed his career right at the Theatre of Dreams to the legend he has become. Cristiano Ronaldo won the Champions League and Ballon d’Or at Manchester United before joining Real Madrid in 2008.
Ronaldo’s last stop in Europe was Juventus before a return to Manchester United. He laid the groundwork for a heroic individual career at Manchester United and Real Madrid and also clinched a couple of club and individual honors with Juventus.
Below is a list of Cristiano Ronaldo’s individual awards;
- Ballon d’Or/FIFA Ballon d’Or: 5 times (2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- UEFA Best Player in Europe: 4 times (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 1 time (2008)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2 times (2016, 2017)
- European Golden Shoe: 4 times (2007–08, 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15)
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2 times (2008, 2009)
- Serie A Footballer of the Year: 1 time (2020–21)
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 1 time (2008)
- Globe Soccer Award for Best Player of the Year: 2 times (2013, 2016)
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: 2 times (2016, 2017)
Ronaldo’s individual accolades are a testament to his incredible talent and consistency over the course of his career. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest footballers of all time, and his individual awards are a fitting tribute to his achievements.