Arsenal is facing Liverpool for the second time today in 4 days and they are trying to not lose again. However, the game swayed towards Liverpool’s side for the entire match. But Arsenal advances to the next round after a penalty shootout. Joe Willock won it for Arsenal and Leno made 2 saves.
Liverpool’s new signing Diogo Jota had an amazing game and Arsenal’s defense couldn’t contain him. Jota had many chances but he was unlucky to convert them to goals. Overall he had a decent game before being subbed off at the 75th minute.
Another person that had a good game is Bukayo Saka who was recently called-up to England’s senior team. He helped Arsenal to keep possession and he gave Arsenal most of their clearest chances to score. Sadly for him too, he was unable to convert his chances to a goal.
This is the Carabao Cup 4th round and the one team must go home after today’s match. Will Arsenal lose to Liverpool again? time will tell.
Liverpool V Arsenal game best performers
- Takumi Minamino
- Adrian (Liverpool Goal Keeper )
- Leno (Arsenal Goal Keeper)
- Bukayo Saka ( A standout ) – Arsenal
- Elneny was decent too – Arsenal
- Nicola Pepe ( A bit below average but he did ok)
- Virgil Van Dijk ( He did well but was subbed off early
- Mo Salah. ( He was ok with possession but need to be a team player )
Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup highlights
Arsenal struggled but they were able to hold up and defend in a way that they were able to see the game go to a penalty shoot-out. The full-time score was 0-0. There’s no extra-time if the Carabao cup ends in a tie before the end of the match. Therefore, both Liverpool and Arsenal will go into a penalty shootout. The winner advances and the loser go home.
Liverpoo Penalty taker
- Hames Milner. – scores
- GEORGINIOWIJNALDUM. – scores
- Minamino. – Scores
- Origi. – Miss ( Leno saved it)
- Curtis Jones ( scores , Leno nearly saved it)
- Rhys Wilson ( Missed, Leno saved)
Arsenal Penalty takers
- Lacazette – Scores
- Cedric – scores
- Elneny – Miss ( saved by Liverpool goalie Adrian )
- Ainsley Maitland-Niles ( scores – Beautiful penalty )
- Nicholas Pepe (Scores, Adrian want a different way)
- Joe Willock Scores
Arsenal wins by penalty kick shootout and Joe Willock and Arsenal advances to the next round of the Carabao cup. After 90 minutes it was Liverpool 0 and Arsenal 0, after the shootout it was Liverpool 4 and Arsenal 5.