Burglary Attack: Raheem Sterling Vows Not to Return to World Cup Until His Home is Safe

Spread the love

Raheem Sterling has vowed not to return to the World Cup until his home is safe following a burglary attack.

Raheem Sterling
Raheem Sterling vows not to return to World Cup until family is safe following burglary attack

The Three Lions will be missing one of their top forwards after Raheem Sterling confirmed that he will not be returning to the World Cup until he ensures the safety of his family following a burglary attack.

The Premier League forward made it clear that he has to be “100% percent sure” that his family is safe after being served with the shocking news of the attack while in Qatar.

Teammates in the Three Lions World Cup squad confirmed Raheem Sterling was left ‘shaken’ following the burglary at his £6million mansion.

Thieves broke into the father of three’s £6million gated home before making off with a stash of watches and jewelry – prompting the shocked star to race home from Qatar to be with his family.

Police were contacted following the incident and were spotted patrolling the estate to ensure maximum security in the wake of the attack.

Raheem Sterling
Raheem Sterling gated property at Surrey

Raheem Sterling’s partner Paige is the one who confirmed the news of the outbreak after she returned to find ‘a number of items, including jewelry and watches’ had been stolen.

See also  Ason Villa 1-3 Liverpool, Mo Salah Strikes As Reds Defeats Aston Villa At Villa Park

The news sent shock waves in the England World Cup camp with some of Raheem Sterling’s teammates set to review the security of their properties back home due to what has befallen Raheem Sterling.

While the squad may miss the Premier League star, Raheem Sterling is reportedly hoping to return to the squad ahead of the team’s World Cup quarterfinal clash against France. However, he has insisted he will do so if he is sure of maximum security of his properties and family before returning to Qatar.

In his words, Raheem Sterling said, “There is no way I’m going anywhere unless I’m 100 per cent sure that my family can be kept safe”.

According to the Sun, the news of the burglary attack is still a shocking development, given the exclusive security structure that the estate is known for.

After joining Arsenal from Manchester City, Raheem Sterling is said to have just moved into the property and has chosen the estate due to their elaborate security structure.

See also  Juventus Fans Are Angry That VAR Invalidated A Late Arek Milik Goal Saying It's Ruining Football
Raheem Sterling
Surrey estate is hhighly secured

Due to the incident, Raheem Sterling is now focused on his family, and it has been confirmed Gareth Southgate will not put pressure on him to rejoin the England squad after he flew home due to the incident.

Possible purveyors of the attack

According to a neighbor in the estate who spoke to MailOnline, the break-in was an ‘inside job’ as she revealed how a string of builders and removal vans had been at the house.

She said: ‘I came back from an overnight flight on Saturday night just after 9pm and the police were outside. The estate WhatsApp group lit up, and we all knew very quickly it was a break-in, and thankfully no one was hurt.’

According to her, dozens of removals vans, builders, and electricians trooped in and out of the property a few weeks ago, and they all knew the access codes.

The woman added that the attack would not have been possible without an “inside job” because the codes have been passed around in the process.

Other Premier League players that have suffered burglary attack

See also  Rebekah Vardy was sentenced to contribute £1.5 million to Coleen Rooney's legal expenses related to the Wagatha Christie trial

Raheem Sterling is not the only Premier League player that has suffered a burglary attack.

In November, Stoke City defender Josh Tymon appealed for assistance after thugs stole ‘everything of value’ from his house in Knutsford, Cheshire, including watches, bags, shoes, jewelry, and a Range Rover Sport SVR.

Liverpool ace Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and his fiancée Perrie Edwards were also targeted in September, with a gang bursting into their £3.5million Cheshire property while they were with their 13-year-old son.

Reece James is said to have suffered a similar fate back in April, leading to the arrest of a 31-year-old man who reportedly broke into his house in Surrey and made away with his Champions League, Super Cup, and Euro 2020 medals.

Former Manchester United star Paul Pogba and Lindelof are equally said to have suffered the same ordeal.

Meanwhile, it is the second time Raheem Sterling has been attacked. He was reportedly attacked back in 2018 when he was in Manchester City

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: