Barcelona has reportedly rejected an offer from Juventus for Luis Saurez that sees striker Gonzalo Higuain move the other way.
Ronald Koeman, upon his arrival, reportedly made it clear the Uruguay international wasn’t in his plans and that he could leave the Nou Camp this summer on a free transfer.
According to Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri, Juventus offered Higuain to Barcelona last week in a swap deal to sign the 33-year old forward but had the offer turned down.
Higuain, 32, is also in search of a new club after newly appointed head coach Andre Pirlo deemed him surplus to requirements.
Suarez has also been linked with an emotional return to the Netherlands, amid heavy speculations that FC Ajax is keen on bringing him back to X where he spent four years before his move to Liverpool.
However, Ajax director of football Marc Overmars believes it may be difficult to lure the veteran striker.
“Let me put it this way: the chance that he will come is quite small,” Overmars told Ziggo Sport.
“That’s a straight answer, I think. Whether there has been any contact with him? We have that with several ex-Ajax players. That is logical, you also have to maintain that.” Per Goal.
Suarez and Messi could see their time at the Camp Nou come to an end after his Argentine best friend and teammate reportedly also wants out of the Catalan giants. Suarez and Messi have been close friends since the striker moved from Anfield in 2014.
Suarez took to social media to break his silence amid all transfer speculations on Thursday. He said: “There are people talking about me or in my name when for years I’ve had no relationship with them, when I have to talk I talk for myself.”