Antonio Conte Speaks On His Return, Admits He Miscalculated The Duration Of Time He Would Need To Recover.

    0
    63

    Antonio Conte, Tottenham Hotspur’s head coach has stated that he miscalculated the duration of time he would need to recover, following his gallbladder surgery.

    Antonio Conte

    The 53-year-old Italian manager has been absent from his duties since Tottenham’s Champions League first-leg tie against the Italian club AC Milan, with the head coach forced to watch from Italy after he underwent surgery to remove his gallbladder.

    Conte admitted that he underestimated how long his body would need to recuperate from surgery, but that he was eager to face the Italian champions despite the pressure.

    The 53-year-old Italian manager said in a press conference ahead of their second-leg match against the Italian giant that he wanted to return following Tottenham’s loss in the FA Cup but was requested not to.

    Tottenham Hotspur suffers defeat from Sheffield United by 1 goal to nil on Wednesday, 1st of March, 2023, as they crashed out of FA Cup.

    “Honestly, I want to come back after the game against Sheffield United but Doctor stopped me,” Conte said in a statement.

    Conte added that the tasks from last week’s humiliating loss to Sheffield United of the Championship should be taken to strength, so his team can build stronger stability in tough encounters.

    Tottenham has won all four games without Conte, including 2-0 victories over West Ham and Chelsea, under the guidance of Conte’s assistant, Cristian Stellini.

    Spurs have lost two games in a row, both by a score of 1-0 in the FA Cup, they were eliminated by Sheffield United, and then they lost to Wolves in the Premier League.

    Antonio Conte said he has “recovered vigor” and that he appreciates his coaching staff during his absence.

    Spurs will be eliminated from the Champions League if they can’t come back from a goal down after losing at the San Siro last month, in what turned out to be Conte’s last match on the sideline.

    The North London team are now in the Premier League’s top four, but they will have to work hard to make it into the Champions League this year.

    Despite widespread speculation that Conte will quit the club at the end of the season, he has returned with the insistence that the team must compete for big titles every year.

    After this summer, the 53-year-old contract at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will expire, and it is unclear what the club and the coach will do next.

    Despite being sidelined for health reasons, Conte remained confident about his future with Tottenham and football as a whole.

    What’s your opinion on Antonio Conte’s comment on his return after he underwent surgery? Share your thoughts on this article in the space provided.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here