A source close to the situation at Everton told Futballnews that at least 5 players will miss Saturday, August 14th, 2021 season-opener v Southampton. Some Everton players are unwell while some are self-isolation due to exposure.
This will mean that Everton will be short of top-quality players when the premier league starts. Since players are required to quarantine for a lengthy period, these groups of players are unavailable due to illnesses and will miss the Southampton and Leeds games.
From what we know, James Rodriguez is one of those in isolation due to COVID-19 protocols but the manager did not expand on the others unavailable for selection.
Notable players update
- Richarlison will be available
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin will also be available
Benitez spoke during his pre-match press conference at USM Finch Farm on Friday. When asked about the importance of the strike pair’s availability – and how the Club will manage Richarlison’s workload following his participation in the Copa America and the Olympics. Here is what he said” “These are key players for us,” he said. “If you analyze the stats over the past year, you see Richarlison and Dominic were scoring goals.
“When Richarlison wanted to go to the Olympic Games, we analyzed the pros and the cons – and we decided it will be a good opportunity for him, to have the chance to win.
“He won the medal, he is happy. He knows we need him now and knows we will try to manage his time off, his holidays, to be sure recovers quickly.
“At the moment, he is fine, he has been training well and he is keen to help the team.”
Everton’s boss is not disclosing the names of the key players that will miss the game but it appears that they may lose the first 2 games due to covid. Futballnews will continue to monitor the situation and we will bring you more updates as they become available.
If you are planning to attend Everton’s game, this is what you should pay attention to.
Everton Season Ticket Members will be able to use contactless technology on their mobile phone to gain entry to Goodison Park for the 2021/22 season.
Supporters will be able to store their Season Ticket – and the Season Tickets of others in their party – using either Apple Wallet or Google Pay on their device.
The process, which is almost identical to purchasing goods with a contactless bank card, is a simple one.
This digital solution will support our commitment to the environment through the Everton for Change initiative.
Watch the video above – and find our six-step guide below.
1. You will receive an email from us this week, containing a link to download your Season Ticket.
Please ensure we have up-to-date contact details for you on our system. If you need to update your email address, log into your evertonfc.com account and head to the ‘Personal Details’ tab.
2. Use the mobile phone you intend to use on matchday and click the link on the email. Follow the on-screen instructions to download your Season Ticket to your Apple Wallet (for Apple devices) or Google Pay (for Android devices).
Important: Your ticket MUST be downloaded into your wallet (Apple) or Google Pay (Android) in order to work with the entry system at Goodison. A screenshot of your digital ticket or the email confirming your digital ticket WILL NOT allow you access to the stadium.
3. Multiple Season Tickets can be downloaded to one device, if you wish. To do so, simply repeat step two.
3b. Android only – if you have an Apple device, skip to step 4. If you have an Android device, ensure NFC – the technology behind contactless entry – is switched on. To do so, simply head to Google Pay, then Settings, then Contactless setup. Here, make sure NFC is switched on and Google Pay is set as your default payment.
4. Your ticket is now loaded for the 2021/22 season. Don’t forget to charge your phone before heading to Goodison Park.
5. Once at the stadium, open Apple Wallet or Google Pay on your phone before joining the queue for the turnstiles. Ensure you do not have any bank or other contactless cards at the back of your phone case.
If you have multiple Season Tickets on one device, simply swipe left and right to switch between tickets.
6. To gain access, simply hold your phone close to the contactless reader on top of the turnstile. If you have multiple tickets on one device, remember to scan them at the turnstile one at a time.
The light will turn green for a valid Adult ticket and amber for Concessions or Junior tickets. If the light turns red, or you are unable to enter, a steward will be designated to each turnstile to help with any issues.
Goodison To Host To Open Days For Digital Season Ticket Members
Everton will host an open day at Goodison Park for Season Ticket Members wishing to trial the new digital process of entering the stadium.
Turnstiles 1 and 2 – entrances to the Family Enclosure – will be open to allow supporters to use the contactless technology on their mobile devices, as they would on a matchday.
The session will take place on Thursday 12 August, 2pm-6pm.