Zlatan Ibrahimovic speaks on future in Milan after scoring in Hammarby friendly match

Spread the love

Sweden veteran attacker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has given hint on his future in San Siro after he found the back of the net in a friendly match for Hammarby. The 38-year-old goalscorer stated that he wants to continue playing football for as long as he can.

Ibrahimovic bought shares in the Swedish club last year. He was granted the permission of the Italian club to return to his home country in March. While in Sweden, Ibrahimovic has been training with Hammarby amid the coronavirus lockdown. Meanwhile, the 2019/20 Serie A league season has been put on hold since last month due to the ravaging coronavirus.

The former Sweden international player joined the league of players to partake in an internal friendly at the Tele2 Arena on Friday. The friendly saw Hammarby, Bajans and IK Frej partitioned into two teams. Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is hailed for his goal-scoring prowess did what he knows how to do best on the field of play during the friendly match.

After the match, Ibrahimovic addressed the uncertainty surrounding his future in Milan after the match. He revealed that he’s not sure if the bosses at Milan will want to extend his stay in the Italian club. He said: “I have a contract with Milan and we will see how it ends there if it ends.

Ibrahimovic disclosed this while having a chat with Dplay after the match. In his words: “I want to play football for as long as I can and be able to contribute something, not just play for what I have done or who I am.

“We’ll see what happens – who knew coronavirus would come and turn the world upside down in two weeks?”

The 38-year-old attacker also expressed his happiness in the chance he was given to play football in Hammarby despite the coronavirus lockdown that has halted the game of football in Europe. He said: “I am very grateful that I am allowed to join the training when everything is closed in Europe, especially in Italy where you’re not allowed training and you have to be indoors.”

It could be recalled that the 38-year-old attacker launched a fundraising scheme to contribute in the fight against the novel Covid-19 in Europe especially in Italy which stood as one of the most affected countries in the world.

Add your comment

Your email address will not be published.