Facts have emerged that Napoli will be paying French club Lille Metropole €80m after securing the signature of Nigerian striker, Victor Osimhen.
This was revealed by Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis after the Pertonopei got the deal over the line after some weeks of negotiations. The teenage striker is the main target for Gennaro Gattuso.
The president further revealed that the former Wolfsburg striker will earn ‘€4-4.5m’ per year.
Benvenuto Víctor! #ADL
— AurelioDeLaurentiis (@ADeLaurentiis) July 31, 2020
After signing the dotted lines and medicals done, Napoli announced the deal for the 21-year-old striker on Friday aftrenoon. At a moment, it was looking like the whole deal off after Osimhen had to sack his agent and negotiations had to begin afresh.
Breakdown of the financial detail of transfer of Victor Osimhen to Napoli
Speaking on the development during a chat with on Radio Kiss Kiss, De Laurentiis said the club is excited to finally get its main target.
“We are very happy at Osimhen’s arrival. The young man has been enchanted by Partenope. He will wear the Number 9 jersey.
“Gattuso really wanted to sign Osimhen. Director of sport, Cristiano Giuntoli did a great job, because the lad changed his agents during the negotiations.
“Lille will receive circa €80m, while the player over the years will get between €4m and €4.5m per season.”
Sky Sport Italia reported that the actual cash fee was €47.5m net (€50m gross), with another €10m in bonuses, plus four players put together and valued at €20m. The players include goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis, youth team players Claudio Manzi, Ciro Palmieri and Luigi Liguori.
ADL reveals update on Koulibaly
It apears De Laurentiis has given up that centre back, Kalidou Koulibaly could leave during the sumer transfer.
The Senegalese has been a target for top European clubs like Manchester United, Luverpool, Real Madrid amongst others.
He further hinted also that the defender will only be sold if they receive the right asking price. So far, Manchester City bid at most €65m.
Speaking with Sky Sport Italia, he described the central back as a wonderful person,m adding that it will be sad to lose him.
“Everything has a time and a place, even when it comes to going our separate ways. Having said that, we don’t have €90m on the table and in any case, it takes two to separate.”
Speaking on the Serie A triumph of Juventus, De Laurentiis said it’s a normality to win at Juventus, adding that Maurizio Sarri will always remain in his heart.
“As his football here astonished all of Europe. I will always thank him for that, but we all do stupid things in life, he did two or three that were avoidable, but that’s his problem.
“All I can say is that’s a pity, because if he had remained at Napoli, perhaps he could’ve helped us to win the Scudetto. Instead, he said ‘why should I take a risk? I’ll go elsewhere.’
“He went elsewhere, but I don’t think he’s been as happy as he was at Napoli.”
He further praised Gennaro Gattuso, describing him as a real man. The former Italy international and AC Milan boss was brought in after Carlo Ancelotti’s dismissal in mid-December.
“Gattuso is a real man, but also an ex-player who won a World Cup. He has nothing to prove to anyone and in that sense, we are very similar. I never keep someone against their will. If Rino is happy here, the marriage will continue. If he wants to try new experiences, we’ll get over it.
“For the moment, he has started a new era, which will last as long as it lasts.”