The 2020 summer transfer window is finally closed and the transfer deadline day which was on October 5, was as dramatic as it should be especially in the Premier League. Clubs that have been linked with certain players from the beginning of the summer transfer window suddenly took their interests more seriously on the deadline day.
Clubs like Manchester United, Leeds United, Arsenal, and Everton made some big buys which have been part of their transfer targets all summer long. While a club like newly-promoted Fulham and Southampton depended mostly on signing players on loan to help with their Premier League campaign.
Before the end of October 5, Manchester United sealed the deals of two players, Arsenal sealed the deal of one player, Everton sealed the deal of two players, Leeds United sealed one deal, Southampton sealed one deal, while Fulham sealed the deal of three players.
Arsenal football club spent the highest amount on the deadline day despite signing only one player which has been their summer-long transfer target. While Fulham spent nothing despite being able to recruit three new players.
Below are the transfer deadline signings in the Premier League:
- Tosin Adarabioyo: the 23-year-old English center-back was transferred from Manchester City to Fulham for an undisclosed fee.
- Facundo Pellistri: Manchester United signed the 18-year-old Uruguayan winger from Penarol for a transfer fee worth £9 million.
- Thomas Partey: Arsenal landed the biggest transfer deal on the deadline day which happens to be the club’s major transfer target. The London club paid £45.3 million to secure the services of the 27-year-old Ghanaian defensive midfielder from Atletico Madrid.
- Robin Olsen: Everton added the 30-year-old Swedish goalkeeper to their number of new arrivals on loan from Roma.
- Joachim Andersen: Newly promoted Premier League side Fulham got the 24-year-old Danish center-back on loan from Lyon.
- Raphinha: Leeds United sealed their transfer business with the 23-year-old Brazilian winger for a transfer fee worth £17m plus add-ons from Rennes.
- Theo Walcott: Southampton went for the 31-year-old English forward on loan from Everton.
- Edinson Cavani: Manchester United brought in the 33-year-old Uruguayan striker for free as he has been without a club since he was released by PSG.
- Alex Telles: Manchester United were able to sign the 27-year-old Brazilian left-back for £13.6 million on the deadline day from Porto after a series of back and forth.
- Ben Godfrey: Everton ended their attempt to solidify their defense with the signing of the 22-year-old English center-back from Norwich City.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek: Fulham sealed the last deal 30 minutes after the deadline day with the signing of the 24-year-old English midfielder on loan from Chelsea.