Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov loses £447.5million yacht due to Ukraine invasion

Spread the love

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov loses luxury yacht worth £447.5million sequel to the recent Ukraine-Russia crisis.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov loses £447.5million yacht due to Ukraine invasion
Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov loses £447.5million yacht due to Ukraine invasion

The Dilbar, a 512-foot luxury yacht, was seized by German officials in Hamburg, according to the Mirror.

It comes barely two days after the European Union sanctioned oligarch Usmanov.

The 68-year-old was linked to Everton FC until recently, when the Toffees severed all relations with USM, a $16 billion Russian holding company.

This is one of the numerous strikes on Europe’s super-rich oligarchs.

Usmanov’s yacht is thought to have cost him roughly £447.5 million in 2016.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov loses £447.5million yacht due to Ukraine invasion

The yacht was docked in Germany in October for a refit, but it is now in the hands of the police.

It’s the latest setback for the 68-year-old, who was already subjected to an EU travel ban earlier this week.

See also  Ralf Rangnick of Manchester United wants Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial to speak to him in person, not on social media

Everton said earlier on Wednesday that they had terminated connections with Usmanov, whose business, USM Holdings, sponsors Everton’s training complex.

Apart from USM Holdings, Usmanov’s other businesses, Megafon and Yota, were also well-represented at the club.

Farhad Moshiri, the owner of Everton, is the chairman of USM Holdings.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov loses £447.5million yacht due to Ukraine invasion

“Everyone at Everton is shocked and saddened by the horrific events unfolding in Ukraine,” the club said in a statement on its official website.

“This awful situation must be brought to a close as quickly as possible, and any additional deaths must be avoided.”

“Our players, coaching staff, and everyone at Everton is and will continue to provide full support to our player Vitalii Mykolenko and his family.”

“The club can confirm that all commercial sponsorship deals with the Russian businesses USM, Megafon, and Yota have been suspended with immediate effect.”

Everton’s ties to Usmanov were also questioned earlier this week, following allegations that the oligarch was present for Frank Lampard’s interview with the club.

See also  Everton didn't care that Cristiano Ronaldo was in the game as they earned 1 point from Old Trafford - Match highlights

The club, on the other hand, insists that Usmanov played no part in Lampard’s interview and that the oligarch was on a separate zoom conversation with Moshiri.

Lampard backed up his position, claiming that the reports were false.

“Those reports are false,” the 43-year-old added.

“I interviewed the board, Mr. [Farhad] Moshiri, the chairman, Denise, the CEO, and others, but not Mr. Usmanov, so it is incorrect.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: