Full-time: RB Leipzig 0-3 PSG
Paris Saint-Germain are into the final of Europe’s premier competition for the first time.
90+1. A super tackle by Kimpembe denies Forsberg.
90. Kehrer slip in his own box and Schick nips in to steal it, but Silva closes him down before he can get off a shot.
88. Bernat hurtles down the right and crosses for Neymar, who fails to connect at the near post.
86. PSG substitutions: Choupo-Moting and Sarabia on for Mbappé and Di Maria.
83. PSG Substitution: Verratti, comes on for Paredes. Willi Orban is on for Lukas Klostermann for RB Leipzig. Julian Draxler is also on for Ander Herrera.
82. Silva denies Leipzig by blocking a close-range shot with his face. Then Kehrer hurls himself in front of the follow-up.
80. It’s nearly four! Di Maria’s freekick from out wide is punched away, then Paredes sends it back with a ferocious shot but Gulacsi pushed it away.
79. Halstenberg is booked for a non-existent foul on Neymar wide on the right. Then Poulsen get booked as well for pointing out that it was a non-existent foul.
76. Mbappé messes a two-on-one counter-attack, sending a simple square pass behind Neymar
75. Upamecano shoots after striding forward shuffled niftily between two opponents. Leipzig works it back to Angelino, and the left wingback bangs off a drive from the edge of the area, forcing Rico into his most difficult save of the game.
73. Mbappe gets another chance. A stepover to gain a yard but his shot is smartly saved. Di Maria tees up Leandro Paredes on the rebound but again, his effort is down the middle and comfortably into Peter Gulacsi’s hands.
- Since his ChampionsLeague debut in 2007-08, only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo (32 each) have provided more assists in the competition than Ángel Di María (27).
71. Di Maria’s inswinging cross from the right-wing meets Mbappé, who nods it wide from seven yards.
69. Di Maria takes down a long pass beautifully on the halfway line and then rolls a pass to Neymar, who knocks it backward so PSG can continue playing around.
67. Sabitzer shoots from 25 yards and his efforts sails high and wide.
66. Leipzig zip the ball around in front of the PSG box but PSG force them backwards.
64. Leipzig substitution: Adams on, Kampl off
62. Leipzig substitution: Halstenberg on, Laimer off.
61. Referee books Laimer for an ugly slide into Kimpembe.
60. Rico makes catches a gentle curled shot by Sabitzer from 20 yards.
58. Mbappé gives a thumbs up to Kehrer for a well-intentioned but slightly overhit cross-field pass.
GOAL! Leipzig 0-3 PSG (Bernat 55)
Leipzig will be blaming themselves for another defensive mistake. Mukiele slipped near the corner flag as he tried to run out with the ball. Di Maria took advantage crossed to the near post, where Bernat arrived to divert it into the net.
54: Neymar wriggles away from three defenders before Mukiele needlessly bundles him to the ground near the corner flag.
53. Emil Forsberg evades the press from Angel Di Maria, cuts inside and has a go from long range.
52: Forsberg unloads a fierce shot after cutting in from the left with his right foot from 25 yards and it whizzes over the bar.
51. Angelino down the left plays a nice one-two with Emil Forsberg and wins a corner.
49. Schick’s header from corner is deflected wide for another corner. Paredes nuts this one clear at the front post.
48. Leipzig are imposing themselves into the game now after spending most of this half in opposing territory.
47. The arrival of the two substitutes is accompanied by a switch the three-man backline.
46. Two players are coming in forLeipzig:Schick and Foresberg for Nkunku and Olmo.
45+2. Kimpembe is the first player to be booked after blocking Poulsen’s run. The forward flipped the ball past him and tried to chase it. The resulting freekick was useless.
44. Mbappé in the right side of the box waits for Neymar to arrive at speed in the middle and then rolls the ball into his path. Neymar hits it on the run but goes out wide of the near post.
GOAL! Leipzig 0-2 PSG (Di Maria 42)
Leipzig goalkeeper tried to pick out a teammate 25 yards but instead gifted possession to PSG. A pass was pinged towards Neymar in the box, the Brazilian flicks it over to Di Maria near the penalty spot. With a touch, Di Maria control it and then slid a shot under the embarrassed Gulasci.
41. PSG are a class above at the moment as they continue to surge into the spaces Leipzig leave behind them.
Leipzig are getting caught out at the back too often.
39. Neymar and Kylian Mbappe are having a good run at the Bundesliga side. The Brazilian glides past the first defender and is about to shoot away before he was eventually stopped in the six-yard area.
38.: Neymar skins Klostermann and surges into the box but until Mukiele comes to the rescue for Leipzig.
37. PSG looks calm with the ball as Silva aims a long pass towards Mbappé, who can’t take it down in the box.
35. Kehrer accelerates past Nkunku down the right before being tripped. Behind the ball is Neymar, who spots that the goalkeeper is anticipating exactly a cross but he fizzes a wicked curler towards the near post but the ball hits the outside of the upright and bounces wide.
33. Neymar nut-megs Yussuf Poulsen and wins the free-kick after his shirt was pulled.
30 min: Leipzig dinks the ball and this seems to please PSG .
28. PSG maintaining ball possession and eventually tool it wide to Kehrer on the right. His cross is wide.
26. Olmo releases an inviting pass over the top for Lalmer, who forces his way into the right-hand side of the box and then pulls the ball back for Poulsen who lashes a shot it wide.
24. Angeino crosses in a dangerous corner towards the back post. Poulsen leaps between Marquinhos and Kehrer but can’t get a clean connection.23. Leipzig gets a freekick in a dangerous position just outside the D and a little to the left after Kimpembe trips Olmo. Sabitzer’s freekick hits Silva in the wall and flies out for a corner.
- No side has ever scored in more consecutive matches in major UEFA competition than PSG’s current run of 34, level with Real Madrid between 2011-2014 in the Champions League.
21. Play resumed as Leipzig’s promising attacks breaks down when Olmo mislays a pass.
19. Silva is injured and receiving treatment in the PSG goalmouth after banging into Sabitzer at a corner.
17. Herrera released a clever pass to Mbappé and the striker shoots first time from eight yards but the keeper closed him down well and made a fine save.
15. PSG is not having total control of this but they look comfortable as they continue knocking the ball around since the goal, and Leipzig can do nothing about it as they remained passive.
GOAL! Leipzig 0-1 PSG (Marquinhos 13)
PSG gets a freekick after Neymar was taken down by Lalmer after a short corner. Di Maria curls in a delicious delivery and Marquinhos runs on to it in blissful freedom and jumps to glance a header into the bottom corner from six yards.
11. Back in the squad after serving a ban, Di Maria delivers an outswinging corner from the left met by Marquinhos about 10 yards out, and his header takes a deflection on its way wide.
10. Mukiele halts a run down the left by Bernat with a strong and precise sliding tackle.
9 . Sabitzer tries his luck from long range. He meets the first criteria by getting his shot on target but it never looked likely to bother Rico, who welcomes the chance to ease himself into the game.
7. PSG still troubling Leipzig Kulacsi’s kick is charged down by Neymar. The ball spins loose to Mbappé in front of goal, but the referee blows for handball, after spotting that Neymar’s arm had blocked the kick.
6. What a miss! Mbappe puts Neymar clean with a through ball but the Brazilian, who dashes into the left-hand side of the box pokes the ball past the advancing keeper and it went past the post.
4. Leipzig get to threaten PSG for the first time. Upemeanco’s a nice pass is wide to Olmo, who feeds a low pass from the right to Nkunku. The former PSG striker turns on the edge of the area and fires off a shot but it loses power after being deflected off a defender. And Nkunku was offside anyway.
2. Silva tries a long high ball from inside his own half towards Mbappé at the edge of the opposing area. The keeper strides off his line to make a comfortable catch.
Kick-off: The Parisians take the kickoff and begin stroking the ball around until Herrera is pestered into ceding possession after 26 seconds.
The teams are on to the pitch, one by one. Leipzig go first since they’ve been designated as the home team for the purpose of formalities. Bides stand to solemnly observe the official Champions League jingle.
This is RB Leipzig’s first Champions League semi-final appearance and this their second season in the competition.
- 38Novoa Ramos
- 2Thiago Silva
- 11Di María