Eight men are currently wanted after attacks during a match last August. The Metropolitan Police are looking to find eight males after a pitch invasion and attacks on stewards and police after a goal was disallowed at Aston Villa’s match with Crystal Palace last August.
Scotland Yard has released the images of eight men they want to identify after fans attacked stewards and police when a goal was disallowed at the Crystal Palace versus Aston Villa match on August 31 last year.
At the end of the match at Selhurst Park, a goal was disallowed and a number of Aston Villa fans ran onto the area near the pitch, attacking stewards and later police, Scotland Yard says.
If the goal had been allowed, the score would have been 1-1. The Metropolitan Police now wishes to identify eight people following disorder at the match.
A number of individuals have been arrested since that time and police are appealing for help in identifying the men in the images.i
At the end of the match at Selhurst Park, a goal was disallowed and a number of Aston Villa fans ran onto the area near the pitch, attacking stewards and later police.
“A number of individuals have been arrested and we are appealing for the public’s help in identifying the people in these pictures.”
Detective Sergeant Matt Simpson, from the Met’s Public Order Investigation Team, said: “People go to football matches for a good time, not to witness or experience violence.”