Liverpool newest signing Thiago Alcantara will self isolate after contracting Covid-19. This is breaking news that was released after Thago’s scheduled coronavirus test returned a positive result.
Thiago, 29, just joined Liverpool from the Bundesliga side Bayern Munich. He made his debut during the 2 – 0 victory over Chelsea. He is expected to be away from the club for over 14 days.
He was not in the line up when Liverpool faced Arsenal in the match with they won 3 – 1. Liverpool and Arsenal will meet again in the EFL Cup match on Thursday and the Reds will later play Aston Villa in the premier league match on Sunday. Thiago is not expected to play any of these matches due to his positive Covid-19 test result.
Read more below
- ‘2021 is going to be a wonderful year for Eden Hazard’
- ‘After Two Months Out, I Need More Fitness’, Eden Hazard Says as he Returns to Training
- ‘Father Christmas was good’ to Mauricio Pochettino for his appointment as PSG manager
- ‘Gareth Bale is one of us’, Zinedine Zidane insists
- ‘I don’t doubt Barcelona can win everything that’s left’, Lionel Messi Insists
- ‘I have shown respect to Luis’ Suarez, Barcelona’s Ronald Koeman insists
- ‘It is an honor for me to be compared to Jose’, Carlo Ancelotti says
- ‘It was a clear Penalty’, Chelsea’s Frank Lampard laments over VAR decision
- ‘Losing is not acceptable’, Harry Maguire Laments over Man United Europa League Exit
- ‘Serie A is mediocre’ and Inter Milan are ‘rediculous’