Inter Miami To Sign Burnley Outcast Joe Hart In 2020

Spread the love

England and Burnley goalkeeper Joe Hart is set to join the new MLS side Inter Mami next year after reported talks with David Beckham, one of the owners of the new football club.

Hart joined Burnley from Machester City in 2018 and will be out of contract at the end of the season. The keeper who is the third choice has fallen down in the pecking order and has been benched by manager Sean Dyche’s preferred choice and fellow England international Nick Pope who has been in blistering form since last season. A move away from the club will see 23-year-old Bailey Peacock-Farrell promoted to the senior side as a backup to Pope.

The former Manchester City keeper has been an unused substitute in all 19 ​Premier League games so far last season and has played just once this season in Burnley’s 3-1 loss to Sunderland in the Carabao Cup. Due to a lack of playing time, the 32-year-old  is said to be unhappy with his current situation at ​Burnley and wants an exit from Turf Moor.

Having endured a frustrating spell with Torino, and ​West Ham United in recent years, Hart could probably do with a fresh start, and the chance to kick start his career into prominence with the European Championship coming up next year. Also, as a result of his inconsistent form in recent years, the keeper has lost his place in the England squad and his lack of first-team football means he is not likely to feature in Gareth Southgate’s plans any time soon.

FutballNews reports that Inter Miami are set to start playing in Major League Soccer next season, and they are on the lookout for as many high-profile signings as possible. One of the established players they have reportedly contacted are Barcelona striker Luiz Saurez and Manchester City captain and midfielder David Silva.

​According to the SunHart has been offered an escape route to save his stalling career with a switch to ​MLS ahead of the new season. And it is understood that the keeper has told some Burnley players about the possibility of him leaving for the United States to revive his career.

A source told the paper on Sunday that: “Joe has told some of his team-mates Becks has been in touch and he’s hopeful a deal can be done.

“He wants to be a No 1 again and he’s frustrated that things haven’t worked out in England for him over the past few years.

“Miami would be great for him and would also be a high-profile club.”

According to the paper, Hart is hopeful that a deal can be reached as he desperately wants to start playing regularly as from next season. The move may not seem appealing to the keeper but he would certainly make a solid addition to the new MLS team.