After the end of the 2019-20 Premier League season Leicester City striker, Jamie Vardy, and Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bryune have emerged the winner of the golden boot and the assist king of the season awards.
Although Manchester City lost the title to Liverpool, Pep Guardiola’s men will be happy to see their goalkeeper, Ederson going home with The golden Glove awards.
So, lets start with goals record in the Premier League.
Vardy scored 23 goals to beat Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to the award he shared last year with Sadio Mane and Mohammed Salah. The Arsenal striker scorred two goals against relegated Watford in their final game at the Emirate to move a goal behind the Leicester man.
Vardy, who is the oldest golden boot winner in the history of the Premier League is also the first Leicester City player to win the awards.
So, below are some the facts about goals in the English top flight.
- First Premier League goal: Brian Deane (for Sheffield United v. Manchester United, 15 August 1992).
- Most Premier League goals: 260, Alan Shearer.
- Most Premier League goals at one club: 183, Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).
- Oldest goalscorer: 40 years and 268 days, Teddy Sheringham (for West Ham United v. Portsmouth, 26 December 2006).
- Youngest goalscorer: 16 years and 271 days, James Vaughan (for Everton v. Crystal Palace, 10 April 2005)
- Most consecutive Premier League matches scored in: 11, Jamie Vardy (for Leicester City, 29 August – 28 November 2015)
- Most seasons scored every seaso: 21, Ryan Giggs from 1992–93 to 2012–13.
- Most goals in a season (42 games): 34 Andy Cole (Newcastle United, 1993–94), Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers, 1994–95).
- Most goals in a season (38 games): 32, Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, 2017–18).
- Most games scored in during a Premier League season: 24, Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, 2017–18).
- Most Premier League goals in a calendar year: 39, Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur, 2017).
- Number of teams scored against in a season: 17.
Top ten goalscorers in Premier League history
|Rank||Name||Goals||Games||Ratio||Playing position||First goal||Last goal|
Top ten assist kings in Premier League history
De Bryune broke Thiery Henry’s record of 20 assist in a season from his 32 starts made throughout the season.
The Belgian thought he would beat the record of the Arsenal legend with two not awarded to him due to deflections from defenders that change the trajectory of the ball to goalscorers.
So, let us have a look at the statistics of assist since the English football was renamed the Premier League for the start of the 1992–93 season.
Manchester United legend, Ryan Giggs is still holds the highest number of assist in the Premier League. He recorded 162 assists in 632 games, with his first coming in the 1992–93.
The table below shows the top ten assist king in the Premier League