Real Madrid star Eden Hazard has addressed his Real Madrid future amid rumors linking him to a summer exit from the club.
After a record transfer deal rising to £150m which saw him join Los Blancos in 2019 from Chelsea, Eden Hazard has been a shadow of his former self at Santiago Bernabeu.
Battling for fitness and struggling for enough playing time, Eden Hazard’s Real Madrid career has plummeted with speculations mounting over his future at the club.
He has been linked to a move to the MLS and Saudi Arabia to revive his career. Months back, Eden Hazard met with Al-Nassr manager Rudi Garcia, sparking speculations he may be warming up to join Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo at Al-Nassr.
Rumors of his imminent exit from Santiago Bernabeu is due to his dismal campaign with Los Blancos which has seen him score only 7 goals for the club since 2019.
Eden Hazard made his last appearance for Real Madrid in January and has not featured for the club in the past two months.
This season, he has only played for 296 minutes for Los Blancos in all competitions, scoring just one goal and delivering one assist.
He has struggled with both form and fitness despite winning 126 caps with Belgium national team.
According to the Athletic, Eden Hazard met with Real Madrid hierarchy last month to discuss his future with the club amid the uncertainties and lack of enough playing time.
The meeting reportedly ended on a positive note with the two parties agreeing that he should complete his contract with the club which will end this summer.
Despite his dismal campaign with the club, Eden Hazard is said to have particularly pushed to remain at Santiago Bernabeu until his contract runs out for various ‘personal and professional reasons.’
Eden Hazard Breaks Silence On His Real Madrid Future
Despite the reported meeting with Real Madrid’s hierarchy, Eden Hazard was yet to openly address his future at the club amid the exit rumors.
Now, the 32-year-old has finally broken his long-held silence on his future with Real Madrid.
He maintained he will stay at the club but hopes to return to the field of play for Real Madrid after being left on the bench for months.
As shared by Fabrizio Romano on Monday, Eden Hazard said:
“I would like to stay at Real Madrid. I’ve always said it.
“I hope to play to show that I can still do it.
“People have doubts, but for me, I’m still here next year.
“I hope I can play for Real Madrid again”.
Real Madrid have reportedly tried to offload Eden Hazard from the team in transfer windows with his limited impact at the club but didn’t get offers for him.
Also, the Belgian is said to have been angered by such moves which temporarily drove a wedge between him and the club.
Hazard also fell out with Carlo Ancelotti for lack of playing time as he struggles to revive his career.
Eden Hazard has made just three appearances for Real Madrid in LaLiga this season without a goal or assist. He has also made three appearances in Champions League with one goal and no assist.