Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy has been slammed with two additional counts of rape less than two months before the commencement of his trial.
This means that the 27-year-old embattled France’s international is now facing six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
Recall that Benjamin Mendy was arrested in August for allegedly raping and sexually assaulting different women at his home in Cheshire, Manchester.
The Manchester City defender who has made one Premier League appearance this season before he was arrested in August allegedly committed the offenses leveled against him between October 2020 and August 2021.
Since his arrest in August this year, his legal representatives have been trying to secure his release on bail but judges operating in Manchester have refused to grant the bail applications.
Hence, the footballer has been denied the privilege of enjoying his apartment at Withinlee Road in Prestbury, Cheshire. He is currently on remand at HMP Altcourse in Liverpool.
According to a statement by Cheshire Police, Benjamin Mendy allegedly committed four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault against four different women who are over the age of 16. One is said to be 18-year-old.
While his legal representatives are preparing to defend the four counts of rape leveled against the footballer in August, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that Benjamin Mendy has been charged with two additional counts of rape.
Based on the new development, Mendy would have to appear at Stockport Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, November 17 for the hearing of the additional charges.
Despite the new development, Mendy and his co-accused, Louis Saha Matturie will commence their trial on January 24, 2022, as earlier scheduled.
Unlike Benjamin Mendy, Matturie has been granted bail since August while he awaits the commencement of the trial.
Even though Mendy has been suspended by Manchester City due to the rape allegations against him, his contract with the club is still running. The contract will officially expire on June 30, 2023.
Manchester City’s Benjamin Mendy has been charged with two additional counts of rape, the Crown Prosecution Service said.— B/R Football (@brfootball) November 16, 2021
He has been suspended since August after previously being charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. pic.twitter.com/lkl0C8UB6X
4 responses to “Benjamin Mendy of Manchester City to face 2 additional counts of rape”
This is not good, for a footballer
This is never a good news for anyone,I don’t like jumping into conclusion,I can’t say he is guilty as charged or innocent,but what I know is that it’s never a good news for anyone and I pray for justice to prevail in this situation.
I really do not know what Mendy has done to have caused a pull down in his career, but I’m sure a player of his class shouldn’t be involved in such act which I want to believe these were all made up against him, cuz I saw a video of his shower sex with one of the ladies who later came up to accuse him of rape .
Life can be funny though, especially when someone’s doing well already.. I hope he survives this no matter what the truth might be , he’s such a fine player to be wrapped off the football scene.
Too bad for Wendy. When it gets into your head, you should know how to resist it but he messed up.