Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann calls out Barcelona

Spread the love

Bayern Munich manager Julian Nagelsmann has finally reacted to Barcelona’s summer transfer window business after the news of Robert Lewandowski’s sale to the financially strapped Spanish giants.

Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann calls out Barcelona
Julian Nagelsmann

After weeks of rumors, the 33-year-old goal machine, Lewandowski was officially announced as a member of the Barcelona team on Tuesday night. At some point, it was believed that Barcelona would not be able to sign the Polish forward since the team was rumored to be over £1 billion in debt.

However, Barcelona was able to land their target, and Nagelsmann questioned how the club was still able to enter the market given their current financial situation. ‘It is the only club in the world that have no money, but then buy all the players they want. I don’t know how they do it. It’s a bit strange, a bit crazy,’ he said when asked about FC Barcelona’s transfer business this summer.

See also  Gernot Rohr: possible reasons why Nigeria sacked coach less than a month before AFCON and replaced him with Augustine Eguavoen

Earlier this summer, Barcelona’s financial situation reached a point where they were unable to sign Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen – two players who had been acquired on free transfers from AC Milan and Chelsea, respectively.

The club is now limited by the La Liga rules, which state that it can only spend £1 million for every £4 million it receives in sales.

Barcelona was rumored to need to let go of players this summer before adding any new ones. Frenkie de Jong and Ousmane Dembele’s futures have been the subject of ongoing rumors, which is why Frenkie de Jong has not yet agreed to a new contract with the team.

Manchester United has had a lengthy interest in De Jong, and the club has made multiple offers for the midfielder.

See also  Newcastle United wants Ousmane Dembele and Barcelona are also trying to keep him... What going to happen?

Recent negotiations have reportedly failed because De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona. The announcement of Matthijs de Ligt’s £68 million transfer from Juventus helped to ease Bayern Munich’s suffering after losing Robert Lewandowski.

The Dutch defender joined the German giants on a five-year contract through 2027, giving the club the player they’d been hoping to sign since 2019.

Speaking during an interview with Bayern Munich’s official website after he joined the club from Juventus, Matthijs de Ligt said: ‘I’m very happy to become a player for this great club. FC Bayern are the most successful club in Germany, one of the most successful clubs in Europe and the world.

‘I felt the genuine appreciation from the sporting management, the coach, and the board right from the start, which convinced me.’

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich had recently rejected the offer to sign Man United star player Cristiano Ronaldo. The German champions through their CEO Oliver Kahn said that Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t fit into the club’s philosophy.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: