FeaturedHot Football/Soccer NewsNews

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta recovers from coronavirus

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta who was the first high profile sportsman in England to contract the novel COVID-19 says he has recovered fully from the virus. It was reported earlier this month that the coach of the Arsenal team was tested positive for the coronavirus which was some of the reasons why league games were suspended in England.

Arteta while speaking with La Sexta disclosed that he feels better and stronger now and he doesn’t have the symptoms of the virus. While narrating his experience and how it all started, the Arsenal coach said: “It took me three or four days to start feeling much better and with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind and now, the truth is that I feel very well.”

Everything happened very fast. “On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn’t there. “I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiakos had tested positive and everyone that had been in contact was at risk.

“I went on to tell them that I wasn’t feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos].

“I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday, when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive.

“We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn’t put lots of people at risk without saying anything.

“Obviously all those that had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently, games had to be suspended.”

However, the north London club has stated that the team will not resume training despite the recovery of its manager from the deadly virus.

A statement released by the club reads: “Our men’s first team players were scheduled to return to training on Tuesday after completing 14 days isolation following Mikel Arteta’s positive diagnosis for the virus.

“As a result of the current situation we are clear it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time.

“Therefore our men’s first team, women and academy players are all remaining at home. Stay at home and save lives.

Please follow and like us:

Comment here