Antonio Conte is known to be a coach that goes for big names in the transfer market especially if he is at a club that can afford such players.
Rumour has it that the Italian tactician decided to leave Inter Milan weeks after he helped the club to win Italian Seria A last season because he did not agree with the club’s transfer policy.
But he seems the Italian tactician might not be desperate to splash money in the January transfer window even if Tottenham Hotspur’s board is ready to back him financially.
Antonio Conte joined Tottenham Hotspur when the club was struggling in the Premier League. Since he joined the club, he has managed to record two wins and a draw in all competitions.
He has been able to push the club to the 7th spot on the Premier League table with 19 points in 12 games, four points away from 4th placed West Ham United.
The club was also struggling in the Europa Conference League before Antonio Conte arrived. But he led the club to beat Vitesse 3-2 on November 4 which helped the club to move to the second spot in Group G of the tournament.
Conte is expected to lead Tottenham Hotspur to Slovenia to take on Mura in a must-win group match on Thursday, November 25, at 18:45. Ahead of the game, the Italian tactician insisted that his focus is on the present not on the January transfer window.
“At this moment I am not thinking about January because there is still a long way to go,” he said. “We have many games to play.
“Also I want to make my evaluations about this squad. Now I am very focused on the present because the present is very important.
“I need to make many evaluations about the whole squad and then we will see what happens.”
Antonio Conte gives an update on Cristian Romero
Antonio Conte is trying by all means to manage his squad. Unfortunately for him, one of his consistent players, Cristian Romero sustained a hamstring injury while playing for Argentina against Brazil in a World Cup qualifier earlier in the month.
While giving an update on Cristian Romero’s injury, the Italian coach said the footballer’s injury is serious and the 23-year-old Argentine star would have to undergo one more scan.
“We are waiting for another scan and honestly, I think his injury is a bit serious”, the coach said.
“We have to wait. I don’t know the time he needs to recover – we have to wait for the next scan and then the doctor can give more details about his recovery.”
🗣"Honestly I think his injury is a bit serious."— Football Daily (@footballdaily) November 24, 2021
Antonio Conte provides an update on the injury of Christian Romero pic.twitter.com/n2lQAlBl5H
This means that Cristian Romero has been ruled out of the Europa Conference League group match against Mura on Thursday. He will not also be available for the Premier League match between Tottenham and Burnley on Sunday, November 28.