Sevilla intend to sign the France international from Manchester United on loan in the forthcoming January transfer window if Manchester United agree with the offer.
According to reports in the United Kingdom, Sevilla are planning to have Anthony Martial at the club until the end of the 2021-2022 season. The proposed loan deal has no option for a permanent deal.
A recent report by Goal claimed that Manchester United have rejected Sevilla’s attempt to sign Martial on loan which is a huge blow to the Frenchman who anxiously wants to exit the club.
Earlier in the week, Futballnews reported that coach Ralf Rangnick said Manchester United were yet to receive any offer for the 26-year-old French striker. The coach also stressed that Manchester United intend to keep the striker especially now that the Premier League club is involved in so many football competitions.
The coach said: “So far, as far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and as long as this is the case he will stay.”
Hence, it would be difficult for Manchester United to allow the French striker to go even though he is not playing regularly under coach Ralf Rangnick. However, Anthony Martial might be allowed to go if Manchester United decides to sign another striker in January or next summer.
The embattled France international who is seeking regular game time at Old Trafford to feature in the forthcoming FIFA World Cup in Qatar still has until June 30, 2024, before his contract with Manchester United expires.
Martial who has been at Manchester United since September 2015 has scored 79 goals in 268 appearances in all competitions for the club.
Meanwhile, FC Barcelona’s left-back, Jordi Alba has tested positive for the dreaded coronavirus which means that he might not be available for the Spanish club until the second week of January.
So far this December, a total of three FC Barcelona players – Alba, Clement Lenglet, and Dani Alves have tested positive for coronavirus.
Alba who is the latest player to contract the virus at the club would miss FC Barcelona’s game against Real Mallorca on Sunday.
A statement from FC Barcelona read: “Jordi Alba has tested positive for COVID-19, ruling him out of Tuesday afternoon’s training session at Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper… the player is in good health and self-isolating at home.”
So far this season, the Spanish left-back has played 18 times in all competitions in which he provided 5 assists. Alba’s contract with Barcelona will expire on June 30, 2024.
LATEST NEWS | @JordiAlba has tested positive for Covid-19 and will not be taking part in today's training session.— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 28, 2021
The player is in good health and is in isolation at his home. The Club has informed the relevant authorities. pic.twitter.com/Qn5frbUwrM